Update: March 6, 2014
- click the “!” to enable advanced controls (on by default on playlists)
- click the arrows to advance a video by one frame (youtube videos are about 25fps)
- click and hold the previous frame button to rewind
- changing the speed of the video will also change the speed of rewinding
- clicking the frame counter will pause or play the video for convenience
Original Post: January 21, 2014
- holding the ctrl key while dragging the resizer area will preserve aspect ratio. (the default aspect ratio is 16:9. embeds not created by the infinity button will account for specific control bar heights.)
- you can change the aspect ratio of a selected embed by entering “a=” into the waifu box and pressing enter/return key. i.e., to set the aspect ratio to 4:3, you would just type “a=4:3″ and then hit enter.
- you can enter an entire url into the waifu box and it’ll figure out what you’re trying to do. you don’t need to only use the video codes or channel names anymore.
- hovering over a stream will send a request to get the current viewer count and stream title from justin.tv and will change the “title” attribute to this information.
- since the request is made at the same time you hover over the stream, the information doesn’t get back fast enough to be updated before your browser displays what’s in the title. in other words, every time you hover over the stream, it’ll display the viewer count and stream title from the last time you hovered over it instead of the current information.
- if a stream title contains a url, it’ll be turned into a convenient hyperlink below the embed, next to the resizer area.
- waifu box now supports time codes for archived videos
- hovering over a live broadcast will show the account name of the current broadcaster if they aren’t streaming with procaster. (useful for multi-broadcaster channels)
- hovering over a stream during autopilot or a cued clip (stream appears live during cued clips) will show the title of the current video playing.
- unlike twitch, this information is always current.
- entering some words into the waifu box will create a playlist based on youtube’s search function
- entering the url of a channel into the waifu box will create a playlist of that channel’s videos. you can also just type in “/channelname”
- entering the url of a playlist will embed that playlist.
- waifu box now supports time codes and shorthand urls (youtu.be)
- you don’t need to log in to watch videos from nicovideo.jp
- you DO need to log in to watch streams from live.nicovideo.jp
- you can resize live.nicovideo.jp live streams to fill the embed area by selecting “only video” with the “toggle screen mode” button inside of the player.