What is RetroArch?
RetroArch is a multi-platform emulator with support for many systems, such as NES, SNES, GBA, PS1, and even FBA (plus many more!) However, the coolest thing about RetroArch is..
(somewhat) STABLE NETPLAY! RetroArch uses rollback-based netcode (much like GGPO) to give the illusion of lag-free gameplay.
- Download RetroArch HERE: http://themaister.net/retroarch.html
- Getting Started With RetroArch: http://filthypants.blogspot.com/2011/11/getting-started-with-ssnes.html (The info you need to get started)
- Advanced RetroArch Config Options: http://filthypants.blogspot.com/2011/11/advanced-ssnes-configuration-options.html (Netplay is explained further here)
- Make sure your ports are forwarded, dummy: http://portforward.com
- This was explained in the article above (you did read it, right?), but in case you forgot: both players should make sure they are using the exact same ROM, otherwise netplay will fail.
- 5/20/13: Tested netplay with several SNES games (Killer Instinct, Gundam Wing: Endless Duel, and Sailor Moon S fighter). Netplay was stable, aside from a few dropped connections here and there.